Bree Mei age 4yr

Bree Mei    age 4yr

OUR HEARTS ARE FILLED WITH JOY

OUR FIRST DAY WITH BREE

QIU QI - AGE 1

QIU QI - AGE 1

BREE MEI - AGE 3.5

BREE MEI - AGE 3.5

Saturday, August 16, 2008

WE'RE IN CHINA

Our suite at the Victory


Had a wonderful flight from Tokyo to Gaungzhou on Japan Airlines. Flight was pretty much empty so we all had our own rows! Got to choose your own movie to watch. Our CCAI rep, Jocelyn, met our group at the airport. Since Detroit, there have been 5 couples (one with another agency) that we have been traveling with. Only one other is staying the entire two wks in GZ with us, the rest fly back out to their child's province's tomorrow for the next week then back to GZ for their last week with us. And talk about small worlds, one couple is from Zainesville and they are both D.O. physicians that went to OU-COM! They are also traveling with her mother and their adorable 3 year old that they adopted from China at 10 months. Our hotel is nice-furniture/carpet a bit old but now that Doug has fumigated the room with Lysol spray and wipes-we are set! No bed bugs coming home with us! We have a group dinner this evening at a Tai restaurant. To say that the weather is hot would be an understatement-I have never felt heat like this before. I am not even chilled in air conditioning!
More later. Psalm 119:117

6 comments:

Vicki said...

Glad ya'll finally arrived in Guangzhou. I'm going to post a pic of our 3 girls on my blog. I wanted to be sure it was okay w/you. How special that our 3 little ones all know one another. I told Rina, "We're the BIG sisters" since Emily is older than your two girls and since I'm, uh hum...clear throat...,older than you two. HA! So...what fun it will be to keep all the kiddos connected.
I will be PREPARED for G'zhou heat b/c down here in Mississippi, the humidity index stays off the charts with heat in the mid-90's.
Enjoy yourself as you meet your little sweetheart!! Cannot wait to see pics.
Vicki in Mississippi

Donna Forrester said...

Hi Adventurers,
Congratulations on a safe trip. I know that there have been a few obstacles along the way. They will almost be forgotten the second that you meet Bree. Meeting Lily was the most wonderful moment of Patrick and my life. I felt that it was so magical. What a gift and honor!!! Try to really be " in the moment" when you meet Bree. You will want to remember every detail of this spiritual and sacred experience. Your heart will know immediately that all is well and that you finally have met a very special soul; someone who you are meant to share life with. Enjoy!!!
I have been thinking of you practically every second. Patrick is so excited to meet Bree and we are teaching Lily to say "Bree." Right now we have "Bee." We are soooo excited for you!!!

Love and prayers,
Donna, Patrick and Lily

Wendy said...

Hey Guys,

I've been following with great interest since you left, I'm almost glad to be on call because we have high-speed internet service here at work. Sounds like you had an interesting time getting there, at least half that never-ending flight is over! I think we ate at that same Thai restaurant. There was a really cute little shop with great girly clothes one street up and over from there, near the health clinic.
I am so excited for you and Doug and will be thinking of you and keeping you guys in our prayers. Try to relax and enjoy the "ride", because it is something that you will remember and cherish for the rest of your lives. Have fun experiencing the Chinese culture and we'll follow along in cyber-space. Love Ya both, Mark, Wendy and the Fam

Momtofour said...

YAY you made it!!! Welcome to the surface of the sun! LOL Is it not the hottest place you have ever been in your life? Seriously indescribable heat. I am just so excited for you I can hardly stand myself. I can't WAIT for tomorrow!!! I met my Olivia Mei at 3pm on Monday June 4, 2007. When I wake up tomorrow morning I will FLY to this blog to see Miss Bree Mei in her mama's arms! YOU MADE IT!!!!!!
hugs
Angela

Momtofour said...

Oh wait, I forgot, tomorrow is Sunday. POO! Well, ok, I will wake up MONDAY morning and run to my computer to see Bree Mei in her mama's arms!!! Now go sleep off that wretched jet lag. ;)

hugs
Angela

jessie16 said...

I am so glad to hear that you made the trip safe. the new pic's of the girls are beautiful. I can't waitI am excited to see pic's of mommy and daddy with Bree. hope you enjoy your time there. I guess to say no sweaters in China just hat days LOL. I will keep you in my prayers today and always.
Love Kim L

Dear Family and Friends
We are so happy to share with you this wonderful journey we are taking to bring home our daughter
.

Those beautiful rosebud lips!