Bree Mei age 4yr

Bree Mei    age 4yr

OUR HEARTS ARE FILLED WITH JOY

OUR FIRST DAY WITH BREE

QIU QI - AGE 1

QIU QI - AGE 1

BREE MEI - AGE 3.5

BREE MEI - AGE 3.5

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

DAY 2 WITH BREE





Today was a busy day. All went well with our appointments. Bree is officially ours according to the Chinese government as of this morning. When the orphanage brought her to us they said she had a runny nose for which they were giving her antibiotics. They gave us the meds which I thanked them for and told Doug we won't be using these as in USA we don't treat colds with antibiotics. After her first bath last night, there was still a distinctive odor from her breath-at least I thought it was from her mouth. Long story short I got out my otoscope and low and behold there was a foreign body in her left nare. So after two unsuccessful attempts by me to remove with a curette, we let it go. After our appt. our guide first took us to the hotel clinic where two female doctors couldn't see it and wouldn't let me use their equipment (citing legal concerns -ha!)So off to the local hospital to see an ENT. What an experience this was. Took longer to secure a cab coming and going then to be in the hospital. There must have been 500 people in the lobby, we thought we would be there all day. The ENT took one look and said "yes-foreign body-and I said "I know" He got it out quickly (some piece of guaze looking thing the size of my thumb nail)and we were on our way-only 10yuan ($1.33) poorer.(see pic above of ENT dr.)
Bree took a three hour nap upon returning. We then went over to the White Swan hotel and let Bree and Myah have a reunion-that was precious. Bree kept feeding Myah cheerios and Myah kept getting toys and bringing them back to Bree. What an awesome experience it was for Rina and Hank and our family. Rina leaves this Friday-her blog is definitely entertaining and should be viewed http://shpiruk.blogspot.com

8 comments:

Rina said...

Tracy,
we went out with our guide for dinner and we learned that it is common for caretakers to stuff gauze in a childs nose to prevent their nose from running..or perhaps its so that they dont have to keep wiping it....

Donna Forrester said...

The pictures of Bree and Myah are precious. It is so special that the girls most likely have known each other for their entire lives. There are alot of missing pieces to the puzzle, but there are also very enlightening revelations and this special Friendship and connection is a true gift!!! They have not been on the journey alone. They have walked along the path arm in arm. WOW!!! Now that a great deal of hurdles have been jumped, hopefully you can relax a bit and enjoy the magical experience. Words can not descibe what a truly magical experience that this journey offers. We are thinking of you every second. Please tell Rina that her blog is very entertaining and I so enjoy following along with her adventures also. Take care and enjoy!!!

Love and prayers,
Donna, Patrick and Lily

Wendy said...

Wow, Wow, Wow,

What a wonderful and amazing experience! Tracy, I am just thrilled for you guys! Sorry I didn’t get to write sooner. I have been glued to the blog site all weekend, then got a really sick baby (29-wker, shipped to Rainbow, up all night with her) and I was been thinking of you all night while I worked (except during the hairy moments) I made sure I checked the blog Monday am (here) and was just so happy. Wanted to write, but needed to sleep. Bree looks just wonderful, and don't worry you are doing great with her. I am sure she can just feel the love radiating off of both of you! Funny how the medical clinic never can see what we do. Remember Anya's heart murmur (No Lady, No Murmur, Heart fine) I'm glad everything worked out good, and didn't you think it was interesting to see their style of medicine there.
On the food side,both of my girls would eat almost anything you gave them, right from the start. They didn't start to get picky until they got around the sibs (EwwwwH, I don't like that!)
Its so great that Bree can "hang" with her girlfriends, I'm sure that helps her adjust and feel comfortable. Looks like you are having fun in the toy room at the White Swan. How are you finding all the accommodations? Have you guys tried out a pool with Bree, I would bet she's never been in one before. Oh well, I could ask a thousand questions, but I guess I'll have to wait till you get back. We will continue to pray for you and praise the Lord for his awesome job so far! Keep having fun, time flies! Love Wendy

Anonymous said...

Praise God for that beautiful, loving and sharing little daughter. I called GG and read her all the blogs and had hoped that Marty & Judy could have her down to look at all the wonderful pictures,but their computer has to go in for repairs. Tell Bree A.Mimi loves her and hopefully will get to meet her soon. Prayers and love A.Mimi

Anonymous said...

Love to you all from Bree's A.Mimi. I read GG all your comments and hopefully the Hassets will have her down to see your pics. Tell Bree her A.Mimi loves her and can't wait to see her!

Marilyn said...

Hi, testing

tonya said...

Hey Tracy,
What size to Bree wear? I am so ready to go shopping for her. It is so exciting to see Bree and Myah being able to spend time with each other. They will always have a special bond. God sure is there to guide us and really does make things happen. Enjoy day 3 with Bree today.
Love,
Tonya

jessie16 said...

Tracy,
The pic's are beautiful. every day I have several of the girls coming into the purple pod asking to see updates. we are following the journey with so much excitement. to see you, Rina and the girls made me & Hollie get tears. we have you up every day listen to the new songs too. and as the girls come by they ck in. Enjoy your days with your special little angle. see you soon
Love Kim L

Dear Family and Friends
We are so happy to share with you this wonderful journey we are taking to bring home our daughter
.

Those beautiful rosebud lips!