Bree Mei age 4yr

Bree Mei    age 4yr

OUR HEARTS ARE FILLED WITH JOY

OUR FIRST DAY WITH BREE

QIU QI - AGE 1

QIU QI - AGE 1

BREE MEI - AGE 3.5

BREE MEI - AGE 3.5

Monday, September 1, 2008

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Today is Sunday and I think we are slowly assimilating back to a normal life. Our flights were uneventful, Bree managed to sleepa bit on the longer flight. We arrived in Detroit right on time and what a blessing it was to hear the immigration official state "I have just stamped your daughters passport and she is now an American citizen"!!!! Praise God in the Highest. We flew through customs and through automatic doors to see Brynn and Brooke (with A. Paulette and U. Scott) waiting patiently for us. It was very emotional for me and I tear up just thinking of the moment. Bree immediately went to her sisters and let them hold her. She was full of smiles and actually was screeching in Chinese most of the way home in the van! Since being home she and I definitely have our days and nights mixed up-praying this turns around soon. She is very attached to her sisters, especially Brynn. She calls her "mama" and now me "ma maaaaaaaaaaaa"! Both girls have been so incredibly helpful. We actually have to tell them not to pick her up so much. I am sure some of this will wear off. I fear Bree will be lost without them once they return to school and she is stuck with Doug and I again. She is a bit fearful of Saige, especially if Saige tries to touch her. She was an angel in church today. At the end of Mass while Father was readying to give announcements, she became a bit loud. Father stated that "Bree was excited to be here today" and welcomed us back from China with her. Well, all for now. I will post pictures soon. Thank you for all your wonderful comments

6 comments:

Rina said...

Ok, I am going to be the first to complain....You cant just leave us high and dry and not post pictures..Come on, we are waiting baited breath...

SHOW US THE PICTURES...!

Rina

packmule said...

I am so blessed that I had the opportunity to go with Tracy and Doug to get Bree. She is a wonderful addition to our family and is blessed to join them. She is so sweet even with her chinese "NO" She makes it up with her kisses (when she wants to give them) and her sweet little voice of bye bye when ever you leave a room.
I Love You. Gramma K

Donna Forrester said...

I am glad that all is well. Yes, it is a very emotional moment arriving in Detroit, having your daughter become an American citizen and being greeted by loved ones. Events such as these help us to focus on the really important things in Life....loving and giving. Bree,immediately being drawn to Brooke and Brynn, makes the "Red Thread" theory even more believable. Just think of how many miracles that have taken place in such a very short period of time?
I am glad to hear that Life is getting back to normal. The day and night confusion will all work out soon. It is quite a transition. Patrick and I found that we easily acclimated to the time change when arriving in China, but not so much so when arriving in Detroit. I do not know if I have ever been so tired??? Enjoy each second with your new family, as this is the "good stuff" in Life. We think of you daily and are thankful that all worked out so well. We too are anxious to see pictures of your homecoming. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Love and prayers,
Donna, Patrick and Lily

tonya said...

We are so excited that you guys are home. We have thought about you all weekend. I knew she would love her sisters. I can't wait to see her at the office. You know my days off so Taryn and I would love to babysit anytime you need us. If that's ok with Doug. HA! HA! What a wonderful thing you have done and what God has done for you. You are truely blessed.
Love,
Tonya

jessie16 said...

I am so happy to hear that everything went well coming home,I am sure that it was very emotional day. I can hardly wait to see you and Bree. Hope you enjoy your time off. I will see you soon.

Love Kim L

Wendy said...

Thank the Lord that you all are home safe and sound. Did I mention the mind-numbing fatigue of jet-lag. We are all so excited and happy for you and your family to be all together now. Please let us know what we can do to help out. If you need anything, just hollar, till then, enjoy your "time off" with Bree. Love Wendy

Dear Family and Friends
We are so happy to share with you this wonderful journey we are taking to bring home our daughter
.

Those beautiful rosebud lips!