Bree Mei age 4yr

Bree Mei    age 4yr

OUR HEARTS ARE FILLED WITH JOY

OUR FIRST DAY WITH BREE

QIU QI - AGE 1

QIU QI - AGE 1

BREE MEI - AGE 3.5

BREE MEI - AGE 3.5

Sunday, November 16, 2008

UPDATE

We are five days and counting until surgery day. Bree of course caught a germ and has had a 102 plus fever for the past three days. Her poor sleeping is preparing me for post-op! Through it all though she has been a trooper. A week ago she decided she would like to potty train. I have said all along that she is ready as she is dry for hours and then soaked. So, last week after one of those long dry spells, I put her on the toilet and the rest is history. With the upcoming surgery I wasn't sure if I should encourage it, but now she scoots toward a bathroom saying "mama pee pee potty" so a way we have went. We'll see what occurs after next week.
Bree had her first speech eval appt. last Wednesday. We saw a therapist that I use with my own patients. She did awesome and the S.T felt that her visits with Bree would be minimal. Her vocabulary is pushing 75 words, we are just working on putting words together and her articulation.
The other first for last week was her first hair cut. I guess I didn't realize how much her hair was growing until I look at old pictures. Once her bangs were over her eyes, I decided it needed to be done and a minor trim ensued. Now we just have to get the sides to grow over her ears so her hair stops winging out! She is not big on hair clips, but she will humor for short periods of time with them in.
We marvel daily at what a blessing Bree is to our family. She is just an awesome child and we are so ready and eager to get this surgery over and watch her world expand with the ability to walk! We will keep you posted. God Bless

3 comments:

The Grammar Snob said...

Glad to hear the great news! (not about the fever, that stinks)

Can't wait to watch her flourish with her new mobility. You are such a wonderful family and Bree is so lucky to have found you.

(Oh, and T....my friend with the triplets was so pleased with her appt, thank you for taking such good care of them. I am so excited to meet those boys!)

Vicki said...

We are thinking of you and agreeing for super success as you head into this next step.
Big hugs,
Vicki and Emily

Rina said...

Sister friend,
I am there for you..As we all go through the toughest part of getting our girls back to health. Please feel my arms around you...
xoxo

I love ya and send you strength..

Rina and Myah

Dear Family and Friends
We are so happy to share with you this wonderful journey we are taking to bring home our daughter
.

Those beautiful rosebud lips!