Bree Mei age 4yr

Bree Mei    age 4yr

OUR HEARTS ARE FILLED WITH JOY

OUR FIRST DAY WITH BREE

QIU QI - AGE 1

QIU QI - AGE 1

BREE MEI - AGE 3.5

BREE MEI - AGE 3.5

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

TRIBUTE TO OUR LOVING "GG"

Our 4 generation picture


Last Sunday as we were returning from Chicago we learned that my dear and loving grandmother had gone home to be with our Lord. Grandma was 88 years old and lived a fulfilled life. She was the girls last surviving great grandparent and I pray that at least Brynn and Brooke will have wonderful memories of her. This past winter she stayed with my mother in Xenia. We were so blessed to be able to spend so much time with GG this past year because of this. We drove to upstate New York this past Wednesday through Friday for her services. Some of my most cherished childhood memories involved my Grandma. At her funeral the pastor asked many times if anyone would like to say something-I didn't and I should have ...so now I am going to say in this blog what I should have stood and said at the funeral but just couldn't begin to say in words at the time.

These are the sweetest memories of my Grandma:

Her unbelievable tenderhearted nature
Her ability to never say anything mean
Her devotion to daily Bible reading
Her soft and silky white hair (that I loved to style for any event growing up)
Her incredibly soft, satin hands (that she always said was from doing dishes for 80 years!)
Her cute little giggle when she laughed
Her favorite color being pink (even had the farm house painted pink for a time!)
Her sometimes hard of hearing when watching TV, but then the ability to hear what you
didn't want her to from three rooms away.
Her fierce independence that she developed after my Grandfather died 18 years ago.
The stink she would put up if we wanted her to travel and stay with family for extended periods
of time as she would miss too many of her club meetings and parties with friends!
Her always waiting to order her dinner when eating out after everyone else and then getting
something someone else had ordered instead of what she really wanted (my dad caught
onto that eventually and then made her order first!)
All of the summers as a child that I would spend at the farm for a month at a time
Her saving of every plastic container that any food item came in (definitely from living through
the depression)
Her being the mother of four very successful children who then raised her eight grandchildren
who in turn are raising her twelve great- grandchildren.

My mom awoke the night before GG had died to see her with her arm and hand stretched out before her. When she asked her what she was doing she replied "I'm trying to reach that angels hand"-what an incredible ending!

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth......but store up for yourselves treasures in heaven....For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also" Matthew 6:19-21

2 comments:

For The Love of Four Chinasprouts said...

Your post brought me to tears! Just this past Oct. I lost my Grandma and my girls as well called her GG. She was such an influence on my life as it seems your Grandma was on your's. Katy is my Grandma's name sake. Her name was Ruby and Katy's full name is Katherine Ruby! May these amazing women live on through us and what they have taught us!

Vicki said...

How beautiful...and a wonderful tribute to such a special and amazing Godly woman. Sweet post. Thanks for sharing part of her life w/us.

Yes. That "ch" word is what Emily had, Dr. Doo-You! Ha. She took NO pain med after, in the night, etc. She's done great. Our girls are troopers, huh?

I'm thinking of trying to MAKE a reunion happen with Rina and Myah. ANY chance we might could include you and Bree? Just wondering? I'd be willing to get a plan in motion. My mom says that Emily WILL remember your girls whereas ya'lls b/c she's older BUT that Emily might need to go ahead and make a personal connection to keep the memory alive (and get any info from her about YOUR girls that she can give).

No pressure. If not, we understand. I will, however, attempt to hook up somewhere in the middle with anyone available -- you or Rina or both.

Hugs to all, and again...what a life well lived by GG!
Vicki and Emily
http://www.waiting4emily.blogspot.com/

Dear Family and Friends
We are so happy to share with you this wonderful journey we are taking to bring home our daughter
.

Those beautiful rosebud lips!